Gainesville

When my husband and I first ventured south on 29 or 66 back in 2000. We wanted to see if we could get out of the city a bit and buy a new home. What we did not realize is that many had the same idea. New Homes and Growth took place quickly in Gainesville. Since then we have great shopping, improved road conditions, not only a major hospital in Manassas but one being built within minutes. I think it is like 9 golf courses within miles of each other. Great communities, lakes, mountain views and I always say as I am approaching Gainesville/Haymarket the air is much easier to breath. I miss being in the mix of things in Fairfax sometimes but I love the farmers in our area, the rural feel that you have. On one side of 29/66 you have Gainesville/Bristow and on the north side of 66 you have the little town of Haymarket. We stayed to the right of 66 just projecting that it would be less populated in the future.  I hear the schools are competitive to Fairfax and Loudoun, since my four children are grown. Although, I do have two grandsons who are just beginning in the school system.

Funny to think way back when I originated in DC then Arlington moved to Dale City when it was brand new, built by Hylton went to Md for a number of years and then back to Fairfax and here we are. Love it! 

Search Gainesville Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 1002041960
$349,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Realty BRIGHT
Featured picture for the property 1002040406
$254,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Weichert, REALTORS BRIGHT
Featured picture for the property 1002039962
$464,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Regency BRIGHT
Featured picture for the property 1002025056
$347,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Fairfax Gateway BRIGHT
Featured picture for the property 1001986014
$549,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. BRIGHT
BrightMLS

The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which EXIT Heritage Realty-Family 1st Team participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than EXIT Heritage Realty-Family 1st Team are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2018 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Jul 16, 2018 5:00:am.

Today's Market Trends for Gainesville *

$585,870

0.03%

$152

-0.01%

-0.12%

June

May

-0.11%

2.51%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable