Gainesville

When my husband and I first ventured south on 29 or 66 back in 2000. We wanted to see if we could get out of the city a bit and buy a new home. What we did not realize is that many had the same idea. New Homes and Growth took place quickly in Gainesville. Since then we have great shopping, improved road conditions, not only a major hospital in Manassas but one being built within minutes. I think it is like 9 golf courses within miles of each other. Great communities, lakes, mountain views and I always say as I am approaching Gainesville/Haymarket the air is much easier to breath. I miss being in the mix of things in Fairfax sometimes but I love the farmers in our area, the rural feel that you have. On one side of 29/66 you have Gainesville/Bristow and on the north side of 66 you have the little town of Haymarket. We stayed to the right of 66 just projecting that it would be less populated in the future.  I hear the schools are competitive to Fairfax and Loudoun, since my four children are grown. Although, I do have two grandsons who are just beginning in the school system.

Funny to think way back when I originated in DC then Arlington moved to Dale City when it was brand new, built by Hylton went to Md for a number of years and then back to Fairfax and here we are. Love it! 

Search Gainesville Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property PW10106846
$479,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. MRIS
Featured picture for the property PW10106651
$185,000
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Realty MRIS
Featured picture for the property PW10104068
$245,000
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. MRIS
Featured picture for the property PW10105756
$585,000
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Capital Properties MRIS
Featured picture for the property PW10105119
Foreclosure
$599,900
GAINESVILLE, VA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Apex Home Realty MRIS
Updated Nov 20, 2017 2:26:pm
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.

Today's Market Trends for Gainesville *

$580,050

0.03%

$157.0000

0.05%

-0.16%

October

September

0%

-0.12%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable